Tuesday 8 July 2008

Open Your Eyes (so you can see The Light)

If ever a soundtrack to my life was compiled, Common's The Light WILL most definitely be on there. So imagine my excitement when a few songs into Dwele's Sketches Of A Man (which I think is a good album by the way), I discover that he has done a cover of Bobby Caldwell's Open Your Eyes (which is the sample used in The Light...R.I.P J.Dilla)...to say I love it is an understatement. His voice combines with that song to give me ear-gasms! I absolutely love it...so, here goes Dwele's version and then, Bobby Caldwell's


Open Your Eyes - Dwele


Open Your Eyes - Bobby Caldwell


and just because I can, I thought I'd throw in this video as well. Its just so beautiful to me...the lighting, the props; the lava lamp, the beautiful Miss Badu, who might I add, has a knack for dating some of the coolest cats around; Common, 3 stacks, and now, Jay Electronica.
This song never gets old in my eyes. It takes me back to a time when life was simple, my world was sane and I was young.
'...its important we communicate, tune the fate of this union to the right pitch' Common, The Light
*DOLLFACE*

No comments: