Friday 15 August 2008

I Fell In Love On Portobello Road


***sigh***




A friend and I decided to hang out on Saturday as we were both bored and I hadn't seen her in a long time. Anyway, we decided to just hop on the tube and go wherever, we ended up at Notting Hill and then we went for a stroll down Portobello Market/ Portobello Road. I really cannot stand the smell of old clothes but they can be so pretty to look at sometimes.


As we approached a stall where some Nina Simone was playing and we stopped to look at Jazz collections, it started to rain...as true residents of this beautiful country with crazy weather, we had our umbrellas ready and proceeded to walk some more, down the street, before we would retire for the day.




I remember my friend uttering the words, 'I smell cake, lets go in'; and in we went. There were beautiful little cupcakes everywhere...the smell was wonderful. And then I saw her(him); it was love at first sight (and first bite as well).


Red Velvet Cupcake



cupcake in box


I had some chocolate with chocolate frosting and vanilla with chocolate frosting, while my friend went for the 'bling bling' ones.


The Hummingbird Bakery is located at 133, Portobello Road, Notting Hill London, W11 2DY.



*DOLLFACE*

No comments: