Tuesday 9 December 2008

Cher Horowitz Is My Hero







For every blond thing I say or do, blame Cher Horowitz.


I watched Clueless one too many times as a child, and, I'm afraid to say, as an aspiring adult. GaWsh, for years I would wish her wardrobe was mine...*looks away all dreamy eyed***


sidebar: is it just me or does Cher remind you of Blair Waldorf in Gossip Girl and Lucy, her maid, of Darota?





7* reasons why Cher is my hero.

1. Waaay before Posh wore Alaia, Cher Horowitz did!

2. Quotes:

Dionne: Hello! There was a stop sign?
Cher: I totally paused.


Tai: Cher, you're a virgin?
Cher: God, you say that like its a bad thing.
Dionne: Besides, the PC term is 'hymenally challenged'.


Josh: If I ever saw you do anything that wasn't 90% selfish, I'd die of shock.
Cher: Oh, that'd be reason enough for me.


Cher: Oh, she's a full on Monet.
Tai: What's that?
Cher: You see, it's like the painting see, from far away it's okay, but up close it's a big ol' mess.



Christian: You like Billie Holiday?
Cher: I LOVE him!


classic


3. Her matchmaking skills are legendary. LOL

4. The girl argued her way from a C to an A-. Gold star for YOU! If only I could do that with my tutors... : (

5. She [to the best of my knowledge] came up with the expression 'surfing the crimson wave'. I make sure I incorporate it into my vocabulary once every month. Go figure.

6. While it may not be quite okay to wear white knee high stockings and three piece plaid skirt suits, I'm sure if we tried we could incorporate some of her style into today's fashion!

7. Two words...As If!




...and so for those who have never seen the movie or don't know who Cher Horowitz is...What Is Your Major Malfunction???


sidebar: I do apologise because in a way this post really does seem selfish as if you've really never seen the movie this probably comes across as a hot incoherent mess, but if blog posts were things to indulge in, this would be a big fat tub of Vanilla Bean ice cream...so thank you.


*I would have done the cliche 10 reasons, but its 5am where I live, my brain can't and won't work that hard.



*DOLLFACE*

No comments: